Kazakhstan is one of the largest countries located in the northern hemisphere. The geographical and cultural uniqueness of the republic lies in the fact that it is located on the border of Europe and Asia. Kazakhstan has a unique and very diverse landscape. Here you can find a desert area, green meadows and mountains. In addition, the country is rich in natural reservoirs, which are distinguished by the purity of their waters. Kazakhstan is a very unusual country in its cultural structure, because there is an extraordinary reverence for old customs and at the same time the introduction of modern technologies and the modernization of the social system. Unique natural wealth, many folk traditions and customs annually attract thousands of tourists to the republic.
Geography of Kazakhstan
According to smber, Kazakhstan ranks 9th in the world in terms of area and is the border between Europe and Asia. The west and north of the republic border with Russia, the east with China, and in the south with Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan. The length of the border is about 12,100 km. The country is washed by such seas as the Caspian and Aral. Another unique feature of the republic is that it is the largest country in the world that does not have its own outlet to the oceans. Most of the territory of the republic is a desert (44%), 26% is occupied by steppes, and 5% is forests. Along the border with Kyrgyzstan and China, there is a ridge of the outskirts of the Tien Shan, the highest point of Khan Tengri is located at an altitude of 7,000 m above sea level.
In terms of area, the country ranks 9th in the world – 2,725,900 km².
Kazakhstan ranks 62nd in terms of population – 16,497,000 people.
The official currency is the Kazakh tenge (KZT)
The state language is Kazakh, Russian has the status of an official language.
Citizens of Russia do not need a visa, entry with an internal passport is possible
Kazakhstan has a sharply continental climate. The temperature in January is -19 -2°C, and in July +19 +28°C. Summers are usually dry and hot, sometimes temperatures can reach +50°C, while in winter temperatures can drop to -55°C. The best time to visit the country for tourism purposes is May – October.
Due to the huge size of the country, low population density and remoteness from world trade markets, transport in the republic plays a very important role. The greatest importance in Kazakhstan is given to railway transport, which accounts for about 68% of the total freight turnover and more than 55% of passenger traffic. The total length of railways in Kazakhstan is more than 15,000 km. In addition, Kazakhstan has a developed network of roads, the length of which is more than 188 thousand km. However, most of them are subject to reconstruction. Due to its unique geographical position, five international highways pass through Kazakhstan. In 2009, the country launched the construction of the international highway “Western Europe – Western China”, the construction of this road is planned to be completed by 2013. The length of this road will be more than 8000 km. and will be important both for the tourism industry and for the country’s trade turnover. The great length of the country has influenced the fact that the most important role in the transport system is played by air transport, which in some cases has no alternative. Kazakhstan has 22 major airports, and 14 of them serve international traffic. Most airports are currently underloaded, so the capacity has a large margin. and 14 of them serve international transportation. Most airports are currently underloaded, so the capacity has a large margin. and 14 of them serve international transportation. Most airports are currently underloaded, so the capacity has a large margin.
Today, you can make an exchange in tenge or vice versa at any branch of the bank, as well as at official exchange offices. For tourists and guests of the country, it is advisable to keep all documents that confirm the currency exchange before leaving the republic. Most banks are open from 9.300 to 17.30.
220V/50Hz European standard sockets with and without grounding (C and F)
Today, the most common religions in Kazakhstan are Christianity and Islam. In addition, Judaism and Buddhism can be distinguished, which have been gaining momentum in recent years. Weekends are set on major religious holidays in the country. The 2009 census showed that about 97% of all residents of the country identify themselves as believers, and the remaining 3% of the population are unbelievers or did not want to answer the question.