According to top-mba-universities, Florham Park is located in the northern part of New Jersey, and is bordered by the towns of Chatham Township, East Hanover, Hanover Township, and Madison. The town has a humid continental climate with hot summers and cold winters. Florham Park was first settled in 1720 and was originally called Ridgedale. It was incorporated as a borough in 1899 and is governed by a mayor-council form of government.
The economy of Florham Park is strong with many large businesses having their headquarters in the area. Some notable companies include BASF, Becton Dickinson, and FedEx. The public school system in Florham Park is highly rated and includes three elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. There are also several private schools in the area including St Elizabeth’s Academy and Villa Walsh Academy.
In terms of landmarks, Florham Park has many places to visit including the Morris Museum which showcases art from around the world as well as local history exhibits; the Brooklake Country Club which has been around since 1898; Hacklebarney State Park which offers outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, kayaking; and lastly Fosterfields Living Historical Farm which offers visitors a look at what life was like on a historic farmstead from the late 19th century. Additionally there are many parks throughout town offering recreational activities for families to enjoy such as playgrounds, picnic areas, tennis courts, basketball courts and more.
Males: 4,095 (46.2%), Females: 4,762 (53.8%)
Median resident age: 43.8 years
Median household income: $88,706
Median house value: $322,400
Races in Florham Park:
- White Non-Hispanic (92.4%)
- Hispanic (2.1%)
- Chinese (1.9%)
- Black (1.0%)
- Asian Indian (0.8%)
- Two or more races (0.7%)
Ancestries: Italian (27.4%), Irish (23.1%), German (15.1%), English (10.3%), Polish (8.3%), Russian (4.2%).
Elevation: 240 feet
Land area: 7.4 square miles
Florham Park, New Jersey is a small suburban borough located in Morris County. According to the 2010 United States Census, the population of this borough was 11,696 people. The racial breakdown of Florham Park is 82.6% White, 8.2% Asian, 5.4% Hispanic or Latino and 2.4% African American. There is also a small population of Native Americans at 0.2%. The median age in Florham Park is 42 years old and the median household income is $134,814 which is much higher than the national average of $55,322.
The majority of Florham Park residents are married couples with children at 28%, followed by those who are married couples without children at 25%. Single parents with children make up 11% of the population while single adults make up 16%. The rest of the population consists mostly of non-family households or those living alone who account for 19%. In terms of education level, about 30% have earned a Bachelor’s degree or higher while another 40% have some college experience but no degree. About 20% have only graduated from high school and 10% have not finished high school.
For population 25 years and over in Florham Park
- High school or higher: 92.2%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 57.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 24.4%
- Unemployed: 3.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 28.0 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Florham Park borough
- Never married: 22.5%
- Now married: 64.4%
- Separated: 0.4%
- Widowed: 7.4%
- Divorced: 5.4%
10.5% Foreign born (6.2% Europe, 3.2% Asia).
Hospitals/medical centers near Florham Park:
- SUMMIT HOSPITAL (about 5 miles; SUMMIT, NJ)
- ST BARNABAS MEDICAL CENTER (about 5 miles; LIVINGSTON, NJ)
- MORRISTOWN MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 7 miles; MORRISTOWN, NJ)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Florham Park:
- NEWARK LIBERTY INTL (about 17 miles; NEWARK, NJ; Abbreviation: EWR)
- TETERBORO (about 25 miles; TETERBORO, NJ; Abbreviation: TEB)
- PORT AUTH-DWNTN-MANHATTAN/WALL ST (about 28 miles; NEW YORK, NY; Abbreviation: JRB)
Other public-use airports nearest to Florham Park:
- MORRISTOWN MUNI (about 1 miles; MORRISTOWN, NJ; Abbreviation: MMU)
- ESSEX COUNTY (about 11 miles; CALDWELL, NJ; Abbreviation: CDW)
- LINCOLN PARK (about 13 miles; LINCOLN PARK, NJ; Abbreviation: N07)
Amtrak stations near Florham Park:
- 15 miles: NEWARK INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (NEWARK, ). Services: ticket office, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones.
- 16 miles: METROPARK (ISELIN, 100 MIDDLESEX-ESSEX TPK.). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, paid short-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, public transit connection.
- 16 miles: NEWARK (RAYMOND PLAZA WEST). Services: ticket office, fully wheelchair accessible, enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, snack bar, ATM, paid short-term parking, paid long-term parking, call for car rental service, taxi stand, intercity bus service, public transit connection.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Florham Park:
- DREW UNIVERSITY (about 3 miles; MADISON, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 2,133)
- SETON HALL UNIVERSITY (about 10 miles; SOUTH ORANGE, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 7,509)
- KEAN UNIVERSITY (about 11 miles; UNION, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 8,627)
- UNION COUNTY COLLEGE (about 11 miles; CRANFORD, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 5,856)
- COUNTY COLLEGE OF MORRIS (about 14 miles; RANDOLPH, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 5,202)
- MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY (about 14 miles; UPPER MONTCLAIR, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 10,226)
- UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND DENTISTRY OF NEW JERSEY (about 15 miles; NEWARK, NJ; Full-time enrollment: 4,134)
Public primary/middle schools in Florham Park:
- BRIARWOOD (Students: 352; Location: BRIARWOOD ROAD; Grades: KG – 02)
- RIDGEDALE (Students: 298; Location: RIDGEDALE AVENUE; Grades: 06 – 08)
- BROOKLAKE (Students: 297; Location: BROOKLAKE ROAD; Grades: 03 – 05)
Private primary/middle school in Florham Park:
- MAGIC KINGDOM DAY NURSERY (Students: 106; Location: 88 BROOKLAKE RD; Grades: PK – KG)