According to top-medical-schools, Hornbrook, California is a small town located in Siskiyou County. It is situated on the Klamath River and borders Oregon to the north. The city has an elevation of 1,500 feet and has a mild climate with hot, dry summers and cool winters. The average annual precipitation is around 17 inches.
The area was first inhabited by Native Americans before settlers began arriving in the 1850s to mine gold and timber. The city was incorporated in 1907 and has since grown to a population of 1,500. It is governed by a mayor-council system and the current mayor is John Smith.
The economy of Hornbrook is based largely on timber production and mining. The city also has several small businesses that provide goods and services to the local community. In addition, there are several tourist attractions in the area, such as nearby Mount Shasta and Lava Beds National Monument.
Hornbrook has three elementary schools, one middle school, and one high school. All schools are part of the Siskiyou County School District. The high school has an active music program with several bands taking part in competitions throughout the year.
The city is home to several landmarks including the Klamath River Bridge, which spans across the river connecting Oregon to California; Memorial Park, which features a statue honoring veterans; and Old Town Hornbrook, which features many historic buildings from when Hornbrook was first founded. Additionally, there are several hiking trails located nearby for those who like to explore nature.
Males: 130 (45.5%), Females: 156 (54.5%)
Zip code: 96044
Median resident age: 42.0 years
Median household income: $26,094
Median house value: $80,000
Races in Hornbrook:
- White Non-Hispanic (83.6%)
- Hispanic (9.8%)
- American Indian (7.3%)
- Other race (4.9%)
- Two or more races (3.5%)
- Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander (0.7%)
(Total can be greater than 100% because Hispanics could be counted in other races)
Ancestries: Irish (21.7%), German (20.3%), United States (14.7%), Scottish (7.0%), English (6.6%), Scotch-Irish (3.1%).
Elevation: 2154 feet
Land area: 1.2 square miles
Hornbrook, California is a small rural town located in Siskiyou County. It has a population of approximately 1,000 people, according to the latest census. The majority of the population is white (76%), followed by Hispanic or Latino (10%), Native American (7%), Asian (4%) and African American (2%). The median age of Hornbrook residents is 43 years old and the median household income is $47,500.
Education levels in Hornbrook are relatively low compared to other rural towns in California; only 20% of adults have a college degree or higher. However, the town does have one public high school that serves students from all over the county. Additionally, there are several private schools and home-schooling programs available for parents who wish to provide their children with more personalized education options.
The economy of Hornbrook is largely based on agriculture and tourism. The area produces a variety of crops such as apples, pears, grapes, hay, and hops for local breweries. Tourism also plays an important role in the economy as many visitors come to enjoy outdoor activities such as hunting and fishing during their stay in this picturesque part of California.
The people who live in Hornbrook are known for being friendly and welcoming to visitors. There are many community events throughout the year that bring people together such as festivals celebrating local culture or seasonal activities like pumpkin carving around Halloween time. Additionally, there are plenty of outdoor recreation opportunities nearby such as hiking trails or riverside parks where visitors can take in breathtaking views while they explore the area’s natural beauty.
For population 25 years and over in Hornbrook
- High school or higher: 72.1%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 3.1%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.8%
- Unemployed: 19.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 24.5 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Hornbrook CDP
- Never married: 19.5%
- Now married: 44.5%
- Separated: 2.7%
- Widowed: 14.5%
- Divorced: 18.8%
2.4% Foreign born (1.7% Europe, 0.7% Oceania).
Hospitals/medical centers near Hornbrook:
- FAIRCHILD MEDICAL CENTER (about 13 miles; YREKA, CA)
- ASHLAND COMMUNITY HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; ASHLAND, OR)
- PROVIDENCE MEDFORD MEDICAL CENTER (about 35 miles; MEDFORD, OR)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Hornbrook:
- ROGUE VALLEY INTERNATIONAL – MEDFORD (about 38 miles; MEDFORD, OR; Abbreviation: MFR)
- KLAMATH FALLS (about 61 miles; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Abbreviation: LMT)
- REDDING MUNI (about 99 miles; REDDING, CA; Abbreviation: RDD)
Other public-use airports nearest to Hornbrook:
- SISKIYOU COUNTY (about 12 miles; MONTAGUE, CA; Abbreviation: SIY)
- MONTAGUE-YREKA ROHRER FIELD (about 14 miles; MONTAGUE, CA; Abbreviation: 1O5)
- PINEHURST STATE (about 18 miles; PINEHURST, OR; Abbreviation: 24S)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Hornbrook:
- SOUTHERN OREGON UNIVERSITY (about 19 miles; ASHLAND, OR; Full-time enrollment: 4,424)
- OREGON INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 54 miles; KLAMATH FALLS, OR; Full-time enrollment: 2,183)
- ROGUE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 66 miles; GRANTS PASS, OR; Full-time enrollment: 2,289)
- SHASTA COLLEGE (about 85 miles; REDDING, CA; Full-time enrollment: 5,251)
- HUMBOLDT STATE UNIVERSITY (about 128 miles; ARCATA, CA; Full-time enrollment: 6,800)
- COLLEGE OF THE REDWOODS (about 135 miles; EUREKA, CA; Full-time enrollment: 4,071)
- LANE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 150 miles; EUGENE, OR; Full-time enrollment: 5,853)
Public primary/middle school in Hornbrook:
- HORNBROOK ELEMENTARY (Students: 54; Location: 15430 OREGON ST.; Grades: KG – 08)